- Most importantly, they give the appearance of normal and natural teeth while speaking, smiling, and eating. Unlike other dental treatments like dental bridges and dentures, which one can spot when you are talking or eating, this will ultimately lead to low self-esteem.
- When it comes to oral health, no one wants a compromise over it. But broken teeth may lead to certain gum diseases and can be a source for germs to grow there. The same goes for infected teeth; when you swallow a bite, it takes the germs into your git, which causes many gastrointestinal diseases. So, if you are having teeth loss or broken teeth, the permanent solution to all these problems is a dental implant.
- Dental implants have a high success rate of 95% and increase the quality of life for many people. They last for a lifetime.
- Dental implants are low maintenance as they do not require any special care or treatment. They are treated like regular teeth. Brushing and flossing will not cause any damage to them. And you don't have to visit your dentist very often except for regular checkups that get even if you have all-natural and healthy teeth.
- They can endure high pressures while eating because of titanium, just like regular teeth. So, you can eat fluently and enjoy whatever you want without any fear of damaging them or causing pain.
- Many people feel low self-esteem because of crooked or missing teeth, but dental implants boost confidence while speaking or smiling because of their natural appearance and long-lasting nature.
- Compared to the benefits dental implants provide, the disadvantages are way too minor. There are no side effects but only a few after-effects.
- Side effects are seen only in immune-compromised people. When someone suffers from an auto-immune disease, it will suppress the immune system and not work correctly. The immune system plays a huge role in the healing process after surgery, but it delays the healing process when the immune response is weak. This will lead to unsuccessful dental implant surgery.
- During the implantation process, if the anesthetic dose is poor or weak, it will cause severe pain during surgery. Some patients may suffer blood loss due to surgical incisions.
Dental implants are the safest and most durable option for those looking for teeth replacements. All the other dental treatments for replacing the missing tooth or covering a crooked tooth are not so natural-looking, and they also need to get them done very often, maybe once a year or two. There is no long-lasting side effect of dental implants, so you can go for them on your dentist's consultation whenever you want to give back the perfect shape to your teeth.
Contact your dentist in Walnut Creek, Dr. Massood Darvishzadeh, DDS at Dental Implant Solutions today to learn more about dental implants.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
*Neither this nor any other content in this media is meant to prescribe, recommend, or prevent any treatment or procedure. We highly recommend that you get the advice of a qualified dentist or other medical practitioners regarding your specific dental condition